• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering angles

Twisted Copper

NAXJA Member #962
Well I finally put on an adjustable trackbar (RE). I was looking at getting the one by Skyjacker but a search on this site steered me from it (pun intended).

The bump steer is gone (was only a slight shimmy asfter putting on the stabilizer) and the DS seems to be missing the exhaust but I haven't really flexed out the suspension yet.

Question - do the angles of my steering look normal for a 4-4.5" lift? I never really took notice of how the angles were before I lifted it, but if this is normal, normal is pretty scary.

I had an alignment done today and everything is in spec (caster,camber,&toe).

REATB,OMEstabilizer.JPG

It looks right to me. More importantly, if it feels right....go with it.

I wish mine was that acute.

8+ lift, drop Pitman arm, and bump steer to beat the band.

Coming: D-44 w/high steer and 4.88's, Warn hubs, and a detroit for the front to match the 44 and detroit in the back.

Really, the only thing left before over the knuckle mods is to add a drop pitman arm. And as long as you don't have death wobble, run it. Just remember, It's a Jeep not a sports car. Drive it like you built it.

Derik

Back