• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need budget Quick disconnects!

mountaindrew

NAXJA Forum User
I have used the link pin disconnects satisfactorily for a while now, but I broke one today and my motto is: "when you break parts, its your vehicles way of telling you its time to upgrade!" I also just lifted another inch ( about 2.25 in front now) so I need some disconnects. I dont want to spent a hundred dollars for JKS ( thats more than my whole lift cost!) So give me some options. I would have just extended the stock links, but i broke one. I really dont like driving without any swaybars, so help soon would be very much appreciated, thanks, Drew

Check ebay there is guy up there who makes and sells his own. They are like JKS but only about 50.00. I know someone who has them and he loves them.

mountaindrew said:
So with those dipple ones, does the link just dangle there when it is disconnected? It doesnt look like the link actually comes off.

They just hang there, just like JKS and Tera Flex ones. I normally use a zip tie or bungee cord to hold the sway bar and links up out of the way. You can also buy some homemade hangers from Dipple, which is pretty much just a dog leash. You can see them here http://www.dipple.com/Eric/Products/Hangers/default.htm

I just got a couple of eyebolts and two short bungee cords. If you look at the front of your wheel-well, you'll notice that there are bunch of drilled holes. Pick one and put your eyebolt through it with a washer and bolt. On the passenger side, you will have to remove the battery so you can bolt the eyebolt in a hole. Its really easy, just pick the hole that will allow for the disconnect to swing up out of the way.

Thanks for looking Matt. I havent decided what to do about either problem yet. I think I would prefer rubber for a bump stop ( for softness ) is there any advantage to the polymer ones?

Well I have Poly bumpstops, but I gues it really doen't matter. I mean your should only be hitting them while flexing, which means your going really really slow, so the softness really shouldn't matter. Plus, you want the bumpstops to stop the travel, so if rubber gives more, it may not stop when you want it to. I think I'm going intp this to deep, IMO, it really doesn't matter. Rubber vs Poly for a bumpstop

mountaindrew said:
I have used the link pin disconnects satisfactorily for a while now, but I broke one today and my motto is: "when you break parts, its your vehicles way of telling you its time to upgrade!" I also just lifted another inch ( about 2.25 in front now) so I need some disconnects. I dont want to spent a hundred dollars for JKS ( thats more than my whole lift cost!) So give me some options. I would have just extended the stock links, but i broke one. I really dont like driving without any swaybars, so help soon would be very much appreciated, thanks, Drew
Look around for a good deal on JKS. They are the way to go and when I got my RE disconnects I hated them every time I had to put them on or pull them off. Now my new jeep came with JKS>

Back