• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removable doors

cvlawson said:
Numerous people have seen my removable doors and said I should tell others about them. Feel free to go to http://www.bluegrasschoppersoffroad.com and check them out under the pictures page. Feel free to email me with questions or if you want some made.

Are those doors made from soft top canvas like wrangler/cj soft doors? Does the clear plastic fold/roll over so you can keep the lower part of the door on? Do you have some more closeups of the doors including the hinges, mounting etc. How much would you charge for a set for a 2 door?
Troy

The doors are made of a canvas type material. They have been in severe rain storms, washed quite a few times, and rain still doesn't saturate them. The plastic is pretty tuff. My doors are attached with snaps into the body. The front doors zip around three sides and fold back to the b billar. The rear doors unsnap and roll and attach at the b billar also. I can make some doors that you can unzip the window and also unzip the whole door. The front doors with one zipper for material and labor is $150 each, the rear doors with no zipper are $125 each, and the rear hatch with no zipper or tire bumpout is $100.

did you do anything to strenghten the unibody?
cause I know the doors (esp. the rear doors) are a major chassis stiffener for the Xj.
I eventually plan on a full internal and exo-cages

Culinary_Hooligan said:
did you do anything to strenghten the unibody?
cause I know the doors (esp. the rear doors) are a major chassis stiffener for the Xj.
I eventually plan on a full internal and exo-cages

Check your info again. The doors do nothing for stiffing, the rear hatch does though. A cage isn't a bad idea either.

my info was based on some of my experiences.
when wheelin, and i get up on opposing hills, and stuffing tires into wheel wells.
The doors are a bit hard to open..... so I figured that the doors prevent the uni-frame from twisting too much....

Back