• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It has begun

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
I got my lift will be installing it this coming weekend.Have a 3" BDS with coils, rear full AALS ,4 new shocks, new steering stabilzer ,all the hardware i hope,Skyjacker tcase drop and a Superlift adjustable track bar also have a set of good used 30x9.50r15 wild country m/ts made a set of sway bar discos using my stock 15x7 eccos all this is going on my 2001 XJ any body have some tips or advice?
Thanks

spray spray and spray some more pb blaster on several times a day up until you start to work on it. have fun be safe

in case you don't have one yet, get a breaker bar! and maybe a small portable torch to loosen up those bolts that the penetrating oil doesn't work on. Also, get someone to help, it'll make it so much easier than doing it by yourself. Good luck.

Ive been pb blasting now for about a week . Doing the install at a friends shop has every tool imaginable i give him a rough time calling him TIM THE TOOL MAN even has a frame lift get her up eye high.

yes yes pb blaster and propane heat on everything helped me. Mine's a 2000 and since I live in Syracuse NY, everything was rusted tight. I managed only to break 1 rear shock bolt and 1 sway bar stud though so I consider myself lucky. My local offroad store pushes the BDS stuff and swears by it for 3" lifts. Anything higher and he uses Tomkin.
I used Rusty's 3" springs and AAL
Rusty's shocks
Rusty's HD adj. trac bar and bracket
Daystar 3/4" spacer
!/2" block in rear
BDS t-case drop
Skyjacker stabilizer
Aj's super rails.
All this in the last month and I think I need some tires.
Funny how you go in saying you're only gonna spend a little dough and then before you know it your credit card statement has you in tears. It's fun though and satisfying when you do it yourself.
"For those about to ROCK, We salute you!!"

Back