• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rusty's offroad 3" lift......

broken98

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to get the rusty's offroad 3" lift package and I have a few questions to put out for you veterans. First of all I have a 98 xj classic automatic that I plan to run 31x10.50 (to keep gearing). I'm not planning on rock crawling but I will get dirty. I plan on doing some of the local club drives and might even make the trek to Moab for yahoos. I'm new to jeeps but I've been active in sportscar road racing for 20 years so I'm no knucklehead. I've made some parts and have some fab knowledge.

Is there a distinct advantage in converting to through-bolt adapters for the top of the front shocks? Keep in mind that if rock crawling was a 10, I'm planning on doing a 6.

Good source for lower control arms? I might just fab some up if I had a model.

The rusty's kit seems to be pretty good except for spacers for transfer case. I hear they are necessary for the 98-ish xj's.

I already have a lead on swaybar quick disconnects.

I had considered the RE kit, but I need shocks anyway and rusty's kit is under $300. (I still got tires to buy!). any thoughts here?

Any input is certainly appreciated even if you think my plan is silly.

Memebership dues coming soon!

dave......

Rusty's is good stuff. I run it 6.5" coils and Leafs as well as other rusty's parts.
they also make some very beefy CA's.
as for trans. case issues you might not even have to worry about it with a 3" lift. I ran a 4.5" kit with out droping the tc.

Back