• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throttle Cable Adjusting photo, is this right?

Double Down

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed a TB spacer and bored TB and put it all back correctly. Then I was told to adjust the throttle cable for the TB opening, etc. Since I have a 97 with an easily adjustable cable, I noticed that if you push the button and push the sleeve all the way back and then open up the throttle with your hand, it snaps into place. But when it snaps into place and you go to open up your throttle, it only opens the TB about 3/4's of the way.

So I figured that can't be good since that would mean at full throttle it's not 100% open and allowing all the air possible to flow through. So I messed around with it for a second and pulled out the throttle sleeve only to the point where the TB is open all the way (hope that makes sense).

Has anyone messed around with this or done the same thing or is my thinking on the right track?

Here is a picture of the throttle cable and TB with the cable pulled out to the setting I was saying above:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/beebech/detail?.dir=/43d9&.dnm=598e.jpg&.src=ph

Thanks,

Chris

What you are talking about does not adjust the throttle at all. What that proceedure does is adjust the TV cable or also known as the kick down cable for the automatic transmission. If it has effected the opening of the throttle body at all it just means you have not pushed the throttle down hard enough to let it adjust an extra click on the TV cable. Make sure that you dont have anything like floor mats stopping you from depressing the pedal right to the floor.

Now wait a minute, so that cable has nothing to do with throttle? Are you sure? Not doubting you, but the only reason I ask is that whenever I position the moveable sleeve affects how much the throttle body opens.

So how do I adjust it exactly?

Thanks,

Chris

Back