• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

broke a seat bolt

dork

NAXJA Forum User
so i've had my seats out a hundred times, i went to remove the passenger seat to haul some wood and one of the bolts broke! so now, do any of you have an idea to fix it?

all i can think of is to drill it out and get someone to weld a new bolt in?!? it's the bolt at the front right while sitting in the seat... so it's pretty easy access

thanks, ryan/dork

I'm not sure you really need to weld it in. If you drill it out, you should be able just to put in a bolt with a nice big washer, though it might be hard to hold one end while tightening the other. Alternatively, perhaps you could drill and tap, even though the material might be too thin to hold the seat safely. The thread will hold it while you get the nut on.

ok... i should have looked before i posted.. i assumed the bolt underneith would be hard to find/see, if i could at all.... but i just went and looked and the bolt at the bottom is easy to see... so the plan is to drill it out and put a bolt in with a nut on top holding the seat in place....with a BIG washer!

thanks!!! :eek:

If you have a hardware store with the nut and bolt selection in the yelloiw trays, I forget the distributor name, go and look for what they call elevator bolts. They have a super large diameter low profile head and work great for running through sheetmetal.

Back