• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how much difference between front and rear lift is OK

lapaul

NAXJA Forum User
I have to replace my rear springs which have a AAL lift.

Any adverse consequences if I end up with different lift front and rear, say 3 1/2 inch in rear and 2 inch in front.

How much difference is OK, and what problems if any result from different lift in front and rear.

lapaul said:
...what problems if any result from different lift in front and rear.

Um, the aim of your headlights will be off... I can't think of anything serious...

Robert

Whose rear springs are you gonna put in? If you are building a spring pack that you KNOW will only give 3.5", you should be fine. If you BUY a spring pack from RE or Rusty's, they will net you at least 4.5" immediately after install. Just something to be aware of.

lapaul said:
I have to replace my rear springs which have a AAL lift.

Any adverse consequences if I end up with different lift front and rear, say 3 1/2 inch in rear and 2 inch in front.

How much difference is OK, and what problems if any result from different lift in front and rear.

the only thing you wll notice is that it wont look great. personally seeing somes ass end way up lifted and the front not, which a lot of cheap asses out here do for some reason, looks tacky. id say get a 3/4 inch coil spacer for the front as well. you will be very happy and shouldnt have to worry about steppin up to a sye yet.

Back