• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how much can I lift stock xj before I need to replace or modify drive train

lapaul

NAXJA Forum User
How much can I lift my stock 90xj before I need to replace the drive shaft or put in a SYE kit or make other modifications

Can I lift it 2 or 3 inches without any mods

If I do need to modify it what do I need to do

i cut it off around 3.5" before you need to get rid of the stock control arms and do any driveline work. If you do go only 2" u could just do a budget boost and not have to modify anything. I just did the 2"bb in a zj sat. and it was real easy and needs nothing else. If u do a 3.5 in the xj you may even be able to get away w/o extended brake lines. Might want a drop pitman arm to help the steering angles.

You should be good up to about 3.5. I have a 90 thats running 3.5 on it right now with no mods other than springs. Break lines are always a good idea though.

Not much! I just installed a 3.5" on a '92 XJ and I'm getting some vibes. I plan on checking into a CV driveshaft. Good luck.

Back