• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Badlands Pt3 Sat Nite Cookout?

lesslimited

Official MWC Brewmeister
NAXJA Member
In the Midwest Chapter forum I brought up the idea of a cookout Saturday night to get everyone together and talk about the Chapter. What do y'all think about this, and if it sounds good, what do you want to bring or do to help? Having never been to Summer's, do they have grills that we can use, or do we need to bring one? If we need one, I can bring it.
Food? Burgers and brats? I don't think we need to get carried away, just the basics, as long as it goes good with beer :D
:cheers:

Dang! Friggin crazy relatives......
Just got a call from my cousin,
he's flying in his fiancee all the way from Finland on the 31st and getting married Aug 1st...
At some Friggin castle in Dyer, IN

In order to maintain a good relationship with him and his dad (the butcher), I will be unable to attend... bummer

Hoping you guys (and gals) have a good time

Gil "Timing is everything" Bullycatz

Gil BullyKatz said:
he's flying in his fiancee all the way from Finland on the 31st and getting married Aug 1st...

In order to maintain a good relationship with him and his dad (the butcher), I will be unable to attend... bummer

So I get my bed in the Winnebago, cool!
No really, sucks you can't make it. Hopefully next time.

I can bring some (store bought) potatoe salad and chips. I'll chip in on the meat John, if that is what you're bringing.

Les

.... or I can bring up some burger.

Last edited:
We will need to bring some grills. We need to know how many people, and who has grills they can bring.

I just picked up a Hitch-Haul carrier for my van that I can put on the XJ, and bring the grill from my deck. I also have a small portable charcoal grill that would do maybe a dozen wieners at a time. I will bring burger stuff.

I used to schlepp my grill to the NAC events, but it really is on its last leg and probably wouldn't survive another road trip. I have a camp stove I can bring for making baked beans or something. Any other thoughts on side dishes? I'll bring the beans and some beer (smell that one?) I can also get plates, utensils, and condiments.

I will also have my camp grill for smaller items, and the wyfe and I will bring some local flavor brats as well as some cheese to head off any WI jokes.
We have the kids that weekend, so I need some input on whether to bring the whole clan or just come solo.
I know the wyfe is the better deal, but she comes with 2 kids and a dog (deja vu) this time.
Let me know some opinions.

Bring the clan... I'm more likely to get my wife & dog to accompany me that way. What is your dog like?

lesslimited said:
In the Midwest Chapter forum I brought up the idea of a cookout Saturday night to get everyone together and talk about the Chapter.

I didn't see it in that forum... am I blind?

Lawn Cher' said:
Bring the clan... I'm more likely to get my wife & dog to accompany me that way. What is your dog like?

10 year old Shar Pei.
Too lazy to be aggressive.
As long as your dog isn't all over him, sniffing his ass and nipping at his ears, he should come away unscathed.
Like I said, he is 10, eating makes him tired, he hates to wheel, and will likely just hang at camp.
Kids may Green trail it for half the day and swim the rest.
Then again, I may decide that its not worth the bother after travelling to OH last weekend with the clan, and just come by myself.
It is also highly likely that I will be sunning my large posterior on the boat that weekend.
Still gotta compare weather and all that.
Seeing The Dead this weekend and String Cheese Incident on 8/1, so the plate is full.
I have reservations at Summers, and I want to wheel, so it will probably win out, unless the weather sucks.
Besides, I have some karma to regain.
Take care.

As far as the cooking of beans and suchlike, if my camp site location works out we could set up under the awning and use the oven, stove, and microwave in the Winnebago.

Scott, we'd definitely like to see your family, and nobody does brats and cheese as good as you cheeseheads :D

Mark, I mentioned the cookout in the nominations thread, since we'll have several of the people that were nominated in attendance.

Gil BullyKatz said:

Sorry to hear that. You'll like Rodizios(the castle in Dyer), though.

BTW, who's coming when? Fri night or Saturday?

lesslimited said:
As far as the cooking of beans and suchlike, if my camp site location works out we could set up under the awning and use the oven, stove, and microwave in the Winnebago.

Scott, we'd definitely like to see your family, and nobody does brats and cheese as good as you cheeseheads :D

Mark, I mentioned the cookout in the nominations thread, since we'll have several of the people that were nominated in attendance.

Do we need another canopy? I might be able to bring the EZ Up I brought to Gil's "Meat Off" if needed.

Alright, let's make a list of who is bringing what...

John - grill(s) That's a huge PITA let me worry about the burger meat and buns. If you (or someone else, ahem!) want to bring lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle and whatever else for the burgers, I don't eat that crap and wouldn't know what to get. :)

Scott - brats n cheese (you gonna bring buns too?)

Sean & Laura - shish-ka-bobs & pasta salad

Les - potato salad & chips

Lawn Cher' - beans, plates, utensils, condiments (I have a package of plates and utensils left over from Jr. Jeepers weekend, so if you're buying these things, don't I'll bring what I have, just let me know)

Phunk - burgers, bacon, and buns.

What else do we need....
a case or 2 of pop
paper towels/napkins
another side dish
what about dessert?

Also, we need to get a head count for who is planning on attending the cookout.

Last edited:
I just found out that I will not be able to attend.

My "buddy" F'd me over so now I have a 24 hour duty on the 31st

Enjoy everyone.

kid4lyf said:
Do we need another canopy? I might be able to bring the EZ Up I brought to Gil's "Meat Off" if needed.

I'll just throw mine in the MH - plenty of room in there...

Paula, thanks, and thanks for organizing a list. I'll bring the "healthy" stuff for the burgers.
And who's gonna drink pop :puke: :D , other than maybe Scott's kids. Beer is all we need :cheers:

GI-John, that sucks! I know you need some wheelin'

Back