• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dual shocks? does it make a difference?

bigliftr5211

NAXJA Forum User
i am thinking about putting dual shocks on the front of my xj which i am going to buy a 4.5 rubicon express lift for it and put 31's on it. i like to do high speed desert racing similiar to jeepspeeds but not as radical. will the dual shocks make a large difference and will they be worth the extra money? as a side note what shocks would be recomended for my type of driving?

Last edited:
Probably. I'm not into desert racing (no desert in Connecticut :) ) but a number of years ago my brother had a full-size Cherokee. He took it up to run the sand dunes on Cape Cod once, and the shocks worked so hard the fluid boiled and the shocks were worthless until they cooled down. When he went back with a dual front shock setup it made a huge difference.

For the type of driving you have in mind, the shocks are going to work REALLY hard. You will need the best shocks you can get. You definitely want gas shocks, and you'll get the best results running the type with remote reservoirs.

Not really,it's only limited to the heat disipation of the shock!Back when I used to run Class 1 Ulimited we ran 24 Bilstiens,I kept pursuing the idea of "larger" shocks,guess where we are today!
BTW:this is how we do it now!
http://www.foutzmotorsports.com

Last edited:
bigliftr5211 said:
i am thinking about putting dual shocks on the front of my xj which i am going to buy a 4.5 rubicon express lift for it and put 31's on it. i like to do high speed desert racing similiar to jeepspeeds but not as radical. will the dual shocks make a large difference and will they be worth the extra money? as a side note what shocks would be recomended for my type of driving?

hey bub, I think your question should be posted to these boys: http://www.jeepspeed.com :roll:

:viking:

Back