• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel/Backspacing question (different)

spkshasha

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i know theres a lot of backspacing questions on this board but i am certain mine is unique....

I am running 235/75s on stock 15x7s, great fit...I am looking to get some black steel rims and a small lift (2-3 inches, hopefully OME)..I would appreciate any feedback or advice as to the size and backspacing that would be good before the lift with 235s and after the lift with 30s or 31s.. Thanks

3.75" if your going to ever consider 32's or 33's on 15x8. Or 4.5 if you never going to go bigger than 31x10.5x15, that size will stay under you fender better. Stock wheels backspacing is somewhere around 4.5-5.5".

Stock wheels have 5.25" backspacing. They are fine with 30" tires, and many people run 31s on stock rims. There will be a slight amount of rubbing on the lower control arms at full steering lock. This can be eliminated by shimming the steering stops, although you give up some turning radius. Be careful decreasing the backspacing. Even with 31s the stock rims stuff nicely inside the fenders. Run rims with less backspacing and you may find that the tires hit the flares and/or sheet metal rather than stuff inside them.

There's a great discussion about this on one of Ed Stevens personal web pages. I don't have the line but if you send him a PM I'm sure he'll provide it.

Back