• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Teraflex long arms, any issues?

poomba

NAXJA Forum User
Gonna have long arm kit put in, with the disconnects, sway bar. Any problems with Teraflex, as opposed to say, jks quick disconnects?

poomba said:
Gonna have long arm kit put in, with the disconnects, sway bar. Any problems with Teraflex, as opposed to say, jks quick disconnects?

John, let's discuss this kit around the fire this weekend.........

XJEEPER said:
John, let's discuss this kit around the fire this weekend.........

Knowin' you, you'll bring some bar stock and make me a set in between toasting marshmellows.. Sounds good, I don't want to get the wrong kind, but I don't wanna be driving to colorado, then to rubicon, without a little more control up front...and as always, don't have a lot of time to get it ordered/installed... Popeye (mostly Popeye) and I got the radiator (3 row) and tranny cooler installed saturday, so that's done. I had a header/new exhaust (old cat still good), put in. And front and rear extended bumpstops are in, now, too. and I got the front bar pin eleminators in. The shock was flapping in the breeze, when some idjit who will remain nameless launched it off that lil hill coming down into our campsite last month..cough..was kinda fun, though.

Last edited:
I like my Tera LA's. I've had them on for a year and a half, no problems yet. They look like twigs, but they have stood up very well so far. I'm pleased.
The on-road ride is really nice, too.

I love mine except the upper arms now have almost 1/8" of play in them after only a couple of months. The freeway ride is sooooo much better than before.
My previous lift was 4.5" Rough Country. I added the Tera Long Arms kit when I went to 6" but kept the R.C. springs. I did the install myself and then had Advanced 4WD Systems weld the lower arm brackets on. So far so good.

I have the add-on LCA kit. (pn: LAX, I think), and LOVE it! They must have redesigned the arms or something, because the ones I received were a larger diameter tubing all the way down, rather than the small tubing they show in their literature (see below). The tubing sizes on mine are inverse of this picture (if that makes sense)....i.e. they are large tubing down to the adjustment joint, and then small tubing from there to the front mount.

Bought mine from Sam's Off-Road (Tulsa,OK) for 239.00 shipped. They were running a special then, but Sam's still has some of the best prices around.

EDIT: BTW, I made my own transfer case crossmember to use with the kit. I didn't like the way they suggested the stocker to be cut in the directions.....just FYI.

LAX_kit.jpg

Rides and flexes great. I'm running it on only 4.5".

Back