• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this possible

scottsxj

NAXJA Forum User
ok, maybe i have to much time on my hands, ok i do but would it be anywere near possibble to make the rear window on a cherokee roll down. I thought about it the last time i was at the junkyard. Has anyone done this, if so that would be cool to see some pictures thanks,

scott

I remember looking around briefly a couple years ago and found nothing, but I know I didn't look all that hard either. I would love to have the rear hatch like my S-10 Blazeer...the glass hinged up and the tailgate folded down. Nice to have something to sit on back there! Someone will find out how to make the glass into a roller, I'm sure. I'll snoop around a little tonight.

-Rich

whitexj88 said:
Anything is possible with enough money

Took the words right outta my mouth. It all depends on how much fabricating effort you want to put into the project. You could build an entirely different tailgate system, but it would take a good deal of engineering and fabricating to have it work as smoothly and look as nice as a factory part. I'm not aware of anything commercially available, so you are looking at a major custom project. Might be worth the effort, though.

Back