• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C Question

partsbill

NAXJA Forum User
A mechanic told me that even though my pressures, high and low, are in the right parameter for the system on my 93 Cherokee, everything is tight, no leaks, and fully charged that my compressor is the problem. He said that the compressor just isn't compressing any longer. Sounds kinda like BS :bs: to me. I'm also wondering if it would be beneficial to go ahead and swap to R-134a if any component needs to be changed due mainly to the much cheaper cost of freon(R-134a). Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

if the compressor wasnt compressing, the pressures would be lower, he just told you he is lying. what seems to be the problem with the ac? some retrofit kits include the new refrigerant and a universal oil. but the dryer at least should be replaced. if you decide to do the retrofit, make sure you can pull a complete vacuum on the system so it will fully accept the new charge.

Back