• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockkrawler 8' Coil Conversion...

BiG91XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Im currently in the process of upgrading to a new jeep, and a lift as well. I was browsing through the JP MAG the other day i saw a Rockkrawler add about the "Super 8' Coil conversion" lift. The 8' lift runs for $3000.00. I know that is alot of money, but for having a coilovers in the back, would be rare and cool as hell. but before i spend the money, what do you guys think? Is it tough, and worth every penny, compared to the SkyJacker 8' lift that runs for about 2600.00?? please give your opinion. thanks.
-Kyle-
:geek:

dont get the skyjacker its a rip off. do you want LA or DB's or subframe? I'd go RE, but i know jeremy is doing a great job over there at RK.

Do a search on the topic, its been talked about many times before. I think that a leaf spring set up is far better to go with and a lot less cheaper but its your money. Juice

I took another look at the site & it doesn't list the length of the rear coilovers anywhere. They've gotta be pretty short to fit in the rear, I'm guessing 8" travel which sucks. Measure up your present rear shocks & they're probably longer travel. I'm running a 14" coilover in the front with rear leafs & 10" travel rear shocks which is barely adequate.

I can't fit a 10" coilover in the rear even with 12" of lift so this kit looks a little lame.

-jb

Agreed, you can't fit an adequae coilover in the rear without cutting through the floor :confused1

I heard that they are a 10" travel fox coil over. I would say keep the leaf springs and run some shocks through the bed. now for an 8" lift, i would want somethign longer then a 10" travel shock,

Can't say I know the lenght of the coil overs, but I do know the 8" Super RK system is awesome on the trails. Got a buddy that runs this setup, crawls like a spider over everything. Yea, I'm a newbie, on THIS site. Let the flaming begin

RC runs the coilovers outside the frame rails. (pretty sure) Flexyjoe runs their stuff and knows alot about it.

hinkley

Back