• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clayton Offroad XJ 8" Coil Conversion Long Arm Lift

ok, I see you are still not that great at math.

35s vs 40s = 17.5 vs 20, still 2.5" difference (out of 8" that is a big difference)
hell, even 38s vs 40s is a 1" difference in height.

this session of second grade math is now concluded, this will be on the test

I'm still not sure why you are talking to me about the difference in height of 31-35 vs 40's ?...Because I never said I was comparing the two ,But if I were it would be simple to subtract the difference from tire diameter ...So you're arguing with me over a statement I never made , And you're then going try and come off smug...lol.

This is the way I'd rather settle this ...come spring-summer I will be running...Carnage,Holy Cross,And Independence...Bring the LCOG xj's and I'll bring the "syscraper" and we'll go head 2 head...I'm not much for BS with tenagers on the web.

been there, done that, didnt break, drove 2000 miles home the couple days after, on 35's. (well just indy, went with some fellow naxja-ites)

i doubt my xj will be alive the next time i make it out there though.

been there, done that, didnt break, drove 2000 miles home the couple days after, on 35's. (well just indy, went with some fellow naxja-ites)

Not saying you or anyone would break ,but simply that I doubt you'll do anything I can't on these trails if you did run out west...I'm from upstate N.Y. and who knows I could venture out that way for East coast wheeling ...via tailer of course ...lol

Indy and freedom.

Not saying you or anyone would break ,but simply that I doubt you'll do anything I can't on these trails if you did run out west...I'm from upstate N.Y. and who knows I could venture out that way for East coast wheeling ...via tailer of course ...lol

Trailers are for nancies.

Wow didn't expect this one to get to 5 pages lol

Got the kit and the axles ordered finally. Went with the Clayton 6.5" longarm rear coil conversion kit and G2 Dana 44 axles and 37s!! Can't wait, should be done in 5-6 weeks.

Got the kit and the axles ordered finally. Went with the Clayton 6.5" longarm rear coil conversion kit and G2 Dana 44 axles and 37s!! Can't wait, should be done in 5-6 weeks.

sweet ...it takes 5-6 weeks b/c Clayton does the powder coating in a group to keep the cost down plus the rear conversion does not sell like the basic kits. did you order the standard arms or the pro series I got the standard but we sent them back and got the pro series for the rear which allows me to be at 107 with almost zero thread used on the shank ...it could easily be pushed out to 110 and still have a ton of shank left threaded in . You will love the kit it's the best prefab kit you cab buy ...and holds it's own with long arm builds built one off .

I hope to see you running the trails this summer .

Hey hows it going.

We offer the 6.5 and 8.0 to fit either 33s or 35s with minimal trimming. But you can always go with a larger tire and less lift if you are willign to cut and install custom bumpstops.

All rear coil conversion now come with pro series arms. Pro series arms mean they have JJs at both ends.

The CC kits are available in both a radius arm front and 3 link front.

Its not a cheap kit, its not the easiest kit to install, but it rides great, flexes amazing, and just pain works offroad.

Adam
Clayton Off Road Inc.

Thanks for the clarification Adam, can't wait to get the kit installed!

I know this is an old thread but its better to keep all the same info together.

Do any of you know if you can take the rear and strech it backwards about 5-8 inches. My only concern is if the rear control arm cross member can be welded back the 5-8 inches or does it not line up to the uni body rails properly.

I am planning this to be on a 98 XJ with the full 8" Long Arm Kit.

I know this is an old thread but its better to keep all the same info together.

Do any of you know if you can take the rear and strech it backwards about 5-8 inches. My only concern is if the rear control arm cross member can be welded back the 5-8 inches or does it not line up to the uni body rails properly.

I am planning this to be on a 98 XJ with the full 8" Long Arm Kit.

I got my rear 3.5 stretched with the basic 14 bolt trusss and cross member in standard install location at unirail I could go further but gas tank gets in the way without limiting up-travel ...So 5 inches should be do-able with the pro series arms ...but gas tank would probably be an issue if leaving in stock location ...i would also do custom length arms if going 5-6 inch rear stretch so you can keep the arms as strong as possible ...I will sell my old arms in the fall and get new longer ones to add 8-10 inches of wb for a 115-117 total ...I'm rtold this is a bad idea , but i think different....lol

Hey hows it going.

We offer the 6.5 and 8.0 to fit either 33s or 35s with minimal trimming. But you can always go with a larger tire and less lift if you are willign to cut and install custom bumpstops.

All rear coil conversion now come with pro series arms. Pro series arms mean they have JJs at both ends.

The CC kits are available in both a radius arm front and 3 link front.

Its not a cheap kit, its not the easiest kit to install, but it rides great, flexes amazing, and just pain works offroad.

Adam
Clayton Off Road Inc.

Great kit I got mine in 2011 it holds up very well to abuse ...the only issue i had with it was the front body side control arm brackets tabs should have some lateral gusseting to keep them from folding over , As I folded those tabs over first trip out ...they are 1/4 thick , but will easily fold sideways , And did ...lol...I'm thinking of ordering the 3 link upgrade this fall when I stertch the rear , But overall this is the best pre-fabbed kit for the XJ , and is actually capable of holding a 60/14 bolt and 40+ tires without falling off ...and you guys were Awsome on customer service working with Josh at CrawlerTech during the install .

MY only complaint is...lol...your stickers faded and fell off in 1 day...lol...now people have to ask what I got under it...oh-well I like to talk .

I got my rear 3.5 stretched with the basic 14 bolt trusss and cross member in standard install location at unirail I could go further but gas tank gets in the way without limiting up-travel ...So 5 inches should be do-able with the pro series arms ...but gas tank would probably be an issue if leaving in stock location ...i would also do custom length arms if going 5-6 inch rear stretch so you can keep the arms as strong as possible ...I will sell my old arms in the fall and get new longer ones to add 8-10 inches of wb for a 115-117 total ...I'm rtold this is a bad idea , but i think different....lol

Did you just adjust the control arms almost all the way out and gained the 3.5" strech.

Also my tank will obviously be going flush with the bottom of the uni rails. I dont think it makes any sense to stretch the rear without having the tank lifted because instead of dragging the rear bumper youll be dragging the tank and having the axle hit the tank on up travels.

With regards to the wheel base I'm still unsure on what I really want to run. The front has a very good approach angle even with the Loogans front bumper, and for the rear it was dropping on sh** left and right on my old rig so I want the rear wheel to be a little further to the rear than the front is to the front. (If that makes any sense to you) Basically I'm unsure of exactly were I want the rear to end up.

But overall this is the best pre-fabbed kit for the XJ , and is actually capable of holding a 60/14 bolt and 40+ tires without falling off

This is really good to hear without mentioning cause I'll be running 60's front and rear with tires between 35 - 40ish.

MY only complaint is...lol...your stickers faded and fell off in 1 day...lol...now people have to ask what I got under it...oh-well I like to talk .[/QUOTE]

This will be a problem as my rig will be in show room style once completed (No corners will be gettin cut)

But overall this is the best pre-fabbed kit for the XJ , and is actually capable of holding a 60/14 bolt and 40+ tires without falling off

This is really good to hear without mentioning cause I'll be running 60's front and rear with tires between 35 - 40ish.

MY only complaint is...lol...your stickers faded and fell off in 1 day...lol...now people have to ask what I got under it...oh-well I like to talk .

This will be a problem as my rig will be in show room style once completed (No corners will be gettin cut)

This is at about 3 inches back the arms have about zero exposed thread I could go about possibly 1 more inch back without killing the gas tank with the 14 bolt ...And may if I go to 43 SX b4 the fall ....These are 39.5 X 18.00 wide boggers they are much harder to fit than a 39.5 x13.50 Irok or 39.% Tsl due to the width and scrub ...I'm not concerned about Show quality , But have recently added an EXO with internal cross bracing to keep it looking like an XJ for awhile , But dents/dings and whacking off sheet metal is no problem ...I've also had the rear quarter fenders redone where I hacked to fit the boggers and added the JCR quarters and cut them to fit the hole...lol...I got the Cage and misc work done at HudFab in Golden Wheatridge ,CO ...I'll post new pics when I get it back with the new work done ...I'm at about 9-inches of lift...Better duck b4 the LCOG crowd starts shooting ...lol

DSC01628.jpg

Last edited:
Back