• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine bay pics 4.0L *stock* 1988

BigSix4.9L

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for an engine bay pic of this era engine. Can't seem to get everything hooked back up correctly from reading, would appreciate some kind of picture of the engine bay if possible.

Any and all help is appreciated.

BTW, where should the vacumme line be hooked to and from the MAP sensor? Is it on the intake vacumme port?

I'm wondering because my engine is swallowing gas worse than a heavily modified V8! Costing WAAAAY to much money to drive this thing!

Pretty much its getting 12 and below miles to the gallon.

Thank you.

No pics, but the map sensor line should go to a port on the passenger side of the throttle body. You'll see what looks like a pair of holes one above the other. One of those holes is blank, the other actually a hole. There should be a rubber fitting at the end of the map sensor line that goes in there.

What specific areas under the hood do you need. I took a ton of pix of my donor vehicle before I tore it apart. I also have the FSM and the factory electrical manual with all the wiring harness diagrams.

Oh, by the way, the MAP being disconnected will make the mpg suck.

Back