• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How about Cliffs July the 5th?

If I get my U-joint changed, and you all don't think my mini-junk will hold you guys up. I'll be in.

Last edited:
Another definite maybe, if I can get a few repairs done by then.

Where exactly is it?

I just called the Cliffs; their message references being open Friday through Monday due to the Memorial Day holiday. Either their message is outdated or they're on the wrong holiday.

SeanR, you heard anything yet?

That is the same message I got when I called.
That message has been there since Mem day!
I sent them an e-mail and a voice message Mon.
I have not heard back from them.
Proly won't untill they open on Friday.
I will keep everyone posted if they call.

i really wanted to make this trip especially since i've missed the last few, but it's not in the cards for me. sorry for the delayed response but i wanted to verify my schedule. hopefully next time.

Well, if they are open, I may not be able to make it anyway, as my new front driveshaft won't be delivered until the 6th :tears:
What do y'all think of my chances of welding this thing back together well enough for a day of wheeling? http://community.webshots.com/photo/153441867/154265439BihEhc
I still can't figure out how the hell it broke there anyway, as it doesn't seem like a high stress area :dunno:

lesslimited said:
Well, if they are open, I may not be able to make it anyway, as my new front driveshaft won't be delivered until the 6th :tears:
What do y'all think of my chances of welding this thing back together well enough for a day of wheeling? http://community.webshots.com/photo/153441867/154265439BihEhc
I still can't figure out how the hell it broke there anyway, as it doesn't seem like a high stress area :dunno:

I don't think it would work, but you are welcome to my spare. Its only a stock length, but she's got a new U in it.

Just got an e-mail from Cliffs, He says as of now he is not going to be open on Mon. the 5th, but check back during the weekend he might change his mind.

Awful short notice for me I will be in Peoria on Sun night. I am not going to drag my junk down there and back if I cant 'wheel it.

What do ya say, should we call the whole thing off?
Try for a weekend later in the summer?

seanR said:
Just got an e-mail from Cliffs, He says as of now he is not going to be open on Mon. the 5th, but check back during the weekend he might change his mind.

Awful short notice for me I will be in Peoria on Sun night. I am not going to drag my junk down there and back if I cant 'wheel it.

What do ya say, should we call the whole thing off?
Try for a weekend later in the summer?

Scary as it is, I have to agree with Sean.
I don't feel like racing around trying to get the repairs made, and everything ready to go, just for the 'chance' we might go wheeling.

w_howey said:
Scary as it is, I have to agree with Sean.
I don't feel like racing around trying to get the repairs made, and everything ready to go, just for the 'chance' we might go wheeling.
I agree, and thanks for the offer of the driveshaft, but I'd hate to possibly break yours, too.

Back