• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flowmaster with what intake?

Drake00XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I plan on getting the full Hi-Flow Flowmaster exhaust for my 2000 4.0 XJ. At the same time, I want to bore my throttle body to 62mm. What intake would be best with this combo (K&N, Volant, etc.)?

I'd suggest a K&N high flow set up with a pre filter of some kind on. The pre filter looks like a bag that goes over the filter. The reason is because when I went mudding for the first time with my K&N cone filter it was destroyed by the end of the day. A pre filter would have saved the K&N... :doh:

You do know that you'll have to make a new butterfly plate for a 62mm bore?

Drake00XJ said:
I plan on getting the full Hi-Flow Flowmaster exhaust for my 2000 4.0 XJ. At the same time, I want to bore my throttle body to 62mm. What intake would be best with this combo (K&N, Volant, etc.)?

Make your own FIPK and save a bunch of $$$ in the process. Here's mine:

http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/FIPK.html

As DeftwillP said, you'll need to make an oversize throttle plate if you bore the TB to 62mm, but you can avoid that if you only remove the taper at the bottom of the bore and make it 60mm.
Unless you're planning to add a ported head, cam, or build a stroker, a 60mm TB is big enough for a 4.0 with only external bolt-on performance mods.

Back