• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parts not Included...

98XJSport

Destiny is the rising sun
Ok Im looking into getting a Tuff Country 3.5" lift for my otherwise stock xj. Other than Shocks, is there anything else I need to install? The pasts list is at http://tuffcountry.com/bill_43800.html When I looked into lifting my YJ I found out i needed additional parst, dropped pitman arm, etc. This is my first lift, so im not sure what I'm going to need, other than shocks of course, so if anyone has any suggestions on other things I need to make my installation easier and better for my vehicle, or if i should get a different lift entirely, please please let me know before i get the credit card out lol. Thanks.

Ryan

Last edited:
How much is this lift gonna cost? I would just by an RE lift and be done with it if your looking for something in that lift height area.

A RE lift costs in the ballpark of $479.40, a tuff country costs around $359, and includes a transfer case lowering kit.

Does it include different parts that I would need to do a complete installation?

At 3+ inches you should get an adjustable track bar. You don't need a dropped pitman arm. And you need bump stop extenders.

Where are you in Maine? If you're anywhere near Ellsworth, I have a shop reference for you.

I'm up nearer the Bethel/Rumford area, but any shop reference would be great, Some things are worth traveling for, mostly jeep things lol.

Back