• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old Man Emu

Cavan806

NAXJA Forum User
What is the Physical difference between an OME Lt. Load, Med. Load, & Heavy. and yes I knwo what the words themselves mean but what is the actual difference in the lifts. Do they have an extra leaf in them? I had a RE Lift but I sold it and decided to go with an OME since I will be using it for a DD. I can't decide between Lt. or Med.

Thanks

i have the Lt duty and with the gear i carry it saggs, but empty it rides better than stock, if just DD Lt duty if towing maybe Med duty.

The number of leafs is 5 for both the med. and heavy duty leaf packs, as is the rate, 148 lbs.
The only difference is arch.
The expedition leafs only have 4 leafs, and a big honkin' overload leaf hanging down, which is good for towing, bad for flex. The 4 main leafs on this pack have a 136 lbs. rate and the overload is something like 260 lbs.
I have had 4 OME suspension systems, and have spoken extensively with the techs there.
HTH

Anyone have a source or list of the specifications of OME springs and shocks? I have not been able to find any technical information.

Here is some info gleamed from SoCalXJ

OMEJC1A spring rate 148lbs/inch. 3" height. 5 leaves in the pack. Free
camber 230mm.

OMEJC1B same spring rate as JC1A (148lbs/inch), 2" height. 5 leaves in the pack. Free
camber 205mm.

OMEJC2A initial spring rate 137lbs/inch then 257lbs/inch once on the
overload leaf.
Also 5 leaves in the pack. Free camber 235mm.

The primary free camber is the distance between the top of the inside of a
leaf spring to an imaginary line drawn between the center of the two eyes.
With no load on the spring.

Shocks:

Rear N36: 562mm extended, 342mm collapsed
Rear N36L: 622mm extended, 366mm collapsed
Front N35: 568mm extended, 348mm collapsed
Front N35L: 678mm extended, 392mm collapsed

Cavan806

I have the JC1B spring packs minus the main leafs if you are interested.

Back