• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cut Carpet Curl Prevention

jeo

NAXJA Forum User
This is for all you carpet cutters out there. Does your carpet curl when you cut it? How do you prevent this? I don't want to tuck it under the plastic mouldings, because I'm lazy, and I don't want my carpet to curl, because I'm vain. Now that we've established that I'm lazy and vain, can anyone help me (with my carpet problem, not the laziness or vanity)

Boy, i hope so... But if not.... you lazy A$$, just take the 2-3 screws per door out and screw it back down over the carpet... i pulled my ENTIRE interior from carpet, floors, door panels, headliner... i laid down a little over 200 sq.ft of sound dampener (Cascade VB-Max). It's not that hard to just pull the edges to tuck the carpet... it might take all of 5 minutes!

Pull all the carpet, lay down 3 coats of herculiner or Rustoelum 2 part expoxy liner and you will never have to worry about it curling again. You could probably even put the carpet back in while it's wet and never have a curling problem again either.... Just don't get the heculiner or rustoleum on your hootus...

ok. maybe i hid behind prose a little too much. and forgot one detail. I'm sectionalizing the carpet so I can take it out one piece at a time (eash front side separately, the rear and the hatch) and without pulling out all my seats AGAIN. I did herculine the floor, but want the carpet for looks, sound dampening and music quality.

Put some of that sound deadning material, the kind with the sticky stuff on one side only adhere it to the back of the carpet, the weight should keep it down flat....

RichP said:
Put some of that sound deadning material, the kind with the sticky stuff on one side only adhere it to the back of the carpet, the weight should keep it down flat....
that's a really good idea... but is there anything a bit cheaper I could do though...up here, that deadening material is crazy expensive...

go to walmart, buy super sized stickback velcro (both hook and pile) and use it, that way when the stuff gets nasty, pull it out, rinse it down, wait till it dries, then stick it back in again. but thats just my idea.

Kris

Back