• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear sway bar question......

RockRod

NAXJA Forum User
For those of you with any lift at all...
Did you keep your rear sway bar on, remove it, extend it, or upgrade it.
I have not even gone over 4" of lift yet and keep pulling the sway bar out of its mount. :helpme:

With 3" of lift and 31" tires I removed mine and never missed it on road and get much better flex off road. So much that I had to install Tomken's rear brake line extender.

RockRod said:
For those of you with any lift at all...
Did you keep your rear sway bar on, remove it, extend it, or upgrade it.
I have not even gone over 4" of lift yet and keep pulling the sway bar out of its mount. :helpme:
Mine didn't have one from factory!

mine is still on with 3" and 9.5X30's i can't tell any limit to flex the shocks stop downward and the tires hit the inner whellwell upwards.

Remove it, you'll most likely not even notice it is gone.

But try for yourself and then decide.

mark

My bushings were going, so I removed it, & haven't looked back since. I'm at 5- 5 1/2" , & I notice it a little, but it's not that bad.

Rob

I still have mine with 4.5 inches of lift. It does affect articulation, but I still have a fair amount of drop and compression. My Jeep is a DD on twisty roads so I have kept mine on. Does anyone make a quick disco for the rear?

Starboard M said:
I still have mine with 4.5 inches of lift. It does affect articulation, but I still have a fair amount of drop and compression. My Jeep is a DD on twisty roads so I have kept mine on. Does anyone make a quick disco for the rear?

You might want to get better shocks and see what it rides like with those (or if you have adjustable ones play with the settings). I never had mine on so maybe that's why I don't miss it: I do notice the difference when the front one isn't on though, but without the rear one I fly up in the mountains till my passengers complain that I should slow down or I will get some new decorations on the upholstery :D

Took mine off- don't miss it any. If anything, it improved the ride.

Back