• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

44 highsteer clearance issues..

calvin andrus

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I am building a 44 front end for my cherokee and I am using Sky-Manufacturing's highsteer arms and there seems to be a clearance problem with the coil springs and the track bar. The track bar is a skyjacker trackbar that attaches in the stock steering stabilizer mounting area. The problem is the arms don't seem to be long enough for the tierod to clear the track bar, and at full lock I have a feeling that the tierod will hit the coils too. How long are your guys' highsteer arms? From the center of the rear stud to the center of the tre's hole my driverside arm is about 6 3/8ths inch, which is way shorter than the cast arm. any suggestions....... thanks
-calvin

my Parts Mike arm, which only has one hole in it, is about 6.5" from the balljoint (center to center), so probably about 7" to the back stud. of course i'm running leafs up front, so I can't speak for coil interference issues.

sounds like a good excuse for coilovers :D

I drilled the tie rod holes in my older Parts Mike arms and I made the drag link (which goes from the pitman arm to the passengers side high steer arm) hole in the passengers side high steer arm the same distance from the ball joint centerline as the stock D30 item was. This is 6". I just measured from the rear bolt and got 6 7/8". It will clear my coils, but I think I may have moved the coils back a bit (moved the axle forward). As for the track bar, I would suggest making a custom mount to put it where you want. Jeff

Back