• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Reverse Light Location. What do you think?

JEONLYEP

NAXJA Forum User
Added these today. Looking for a little feedback.

Thanks

Daryl

Before
reversebefore.JPG

After
reverseonlg.JPG

reverseon.JPG

reversedoneclose.JPG

GM makes them, meant to say that in the first post. Those are reverse lights from a 1995-99 Olds Aurora. Real pricey if you buy new ($200.00) got mine for $40.00 off E-bay, but have been watching for them since late January. 97-04 corvette is a very close fit (actually they are about 1/4 inch too tall) would have to modify the light or the "pocket" that they sit in. Although they only cost $50.00 new. The one other thing I didn't like about the Vette lights is that the corners are more rounded than the Aurora's. The Aurora lights look like they are meant to be there, the Vette lights just don't match the square feel of the "pocket" IMO.

Daryl

Looks good, but are they brighter? Are they more help when backing at night?

Seems brighter, but the main reason for the switch is that I'm doing LED lights at the factory tail light location, and thus removing the existing reverse lights. I also have the lights on the top, they are tied in with a switch that I can turn both sets on manually, or have both sets come on when in reverse, or have only the lower (D.O.T.) lights come on when in reverse.

JEONLYEP said:
Seems brighter, but the main reason for the switch is that I'm doing LED lights at the factory tail light location, and thus removing the existing reverse lights. I also have the lights on the top, they are tied in with a switch that I can turn both sets on manually, or have both sets come on when in reverse, or have only the lower (D.O.T.) lights come on when in reverse.

Can I make a mention and a photo of that to add to my write up?

Gojeep said:
Can I make a mention and a photo of that to add to my write up?
You sure may, can just save the picture from what I have at the start? I won't can afford to keep them on the server to long (too many other pics and stuff) PM me if you need anything else.

Daryl

JEONLYEP said:
You sure may, can just save the picture from what I have at the start? I won't can afford to keep them on the server to long (too many other pics and stuff) PM me if you need anything else.

Daryl
Sorry mate but did not see your reply until now when I did a search for it. Thanks for the permission and have just added it to my write up and if there is anything you want to change or add just let me know ;)

Gojeep said:
Sorry mate but did not see your reply until now when I did a search for it. Thanks for the permission and have just added it to my write up and if there is anything you want to change or add just let me know ;)

I went to your site and approve of how you added mine into your write-up.

I didn't put it together until I was on your site again. But yours was the inspiration for mine. I just couldn't find lights like what you had, so I watched the rear-ends of cars for about a month looking for ideas until I followed an Aurora for a couple of blocks. Then found one in a used car lot to take the measurements off of. But the idea was definitely from you.

Thanks, Daryl

I like the look of the lights.

I went a different route since I have a rear mounted spare. I found a set of aftermarket reverse lights made for installing on a class III hitch and installed them on top of my swing arm, just below and to each side of the spare. They are serviced by a dedicated power wire and triggered by the factory reverse lights through a relay. Each light pumps out 50-55watts.

Damn nice for backing when the spare blocks your view out the rear window.

Bones :skull1:

lh2-vi.jpg
GS_LEDGE_FLEX2-vi.jpg

Back