• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ+MJ=XMJ Extream bulid up

triple 4

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, the swap is done A Cherokee drive train into a Comanchee Sport truck. 4.0,AW4,242, with a custom driveshaft. We fired it up tonight and she ran like a raped ape!! Dispite the coil problem, I took and switched the coil form the cherokee into the MJ and it would turn over but it would not start? So out of a fit of rage I changed the coil and it poped right off, go figure, only in a Jeep! I also took the bench out and put in two bucket seats, the pain was they would not bolt right in, oh no I had to change out the bottom brackets, and put the MJ's brackets on the XJ rails, then it slid right into place with a little help from the BFH. If you have any questions reply back to me, I'm no expert but I will try to help. Triple 4

TTIWWP.gif

What condition is that bench seat in? I recently picked up an 87 sportruck and may be interested if you still need to get rid of it. making it to Moab this week? if not, hope to see you out on the trail soon.

Ok, the swap is done A Cherokee drive train into a Comanchee Sport truck. 4.0,AW4,242, with a custom driveshaft

What makes this so special.. My 89MJ already came like this

Gottcha I wasnt thinking straight with the Xcases

Alright here are the pictures and also the reason why this is so cool to me is that it is only the second bulid up, and this one runs right. Besides that the fun thing, that we have discovered is getting an XJ or MJ for $500 or less and swaping out parts and trying to make something work. That is a good idea with the park break, but where trying to take it one step further, with two hand breaks to control each tire, sence we are going to tuff truck the little girl it would be handy to control each tire for the tight corning, as far as the seat goes its in pretty bad shap the springs are bent out of place and what not, sorry. Any was here are the srap shots. http://photos.yahoo.com/triple4X4
thinks for all the input. Triple 4

Last edited:
hmmmmm....I just put a 4.7 stroker, 231, full width 9"/hp44, 1/4 elip. rear, long arm front, moved the shifter off the tree and installed a console and floor shifter from a cherokee...all into a MJ.....oh and cut the "frame" off behind the cab and tubed the back, with beedlocks, 39's,5.13s,arbs, warns, ctms, highsteer, hydro assit, cage........whats this make mine? do I qualify for extreme?....And I've only been building it for the last month...going for paint in three weeks.....

strokedwoody - That sounds awesome! Do you have any pics of the build-up?

Brent

MJ_Chubs said:
strokedwoody - That sounds awesome! Do you have any pics of the build-up?

Brent
Working on website now with complete pics from the parting out of my XJ to the finished product of the MJ. Our computer skills are no match for out fab. skills so we are doing the best we can with the site. A few people from this forum have seen the progress in person, but I like to wait to show the finished product.But, if we get the website done before it's finished I'll put a link up in here.

hmmmmmmmmm sorry if I offened any of you with what I call extream MJ bulid up. I sorry that I dont have the money to order parts and and cut the back off and all that other shit! But for the first couple of bulid ups I think its pretty fucking extream. Sure the backs not cut off and I don't have a sky high lift and a 9" rear end and all that other shit on my mj yet, but I thought that it was pretty cool that I did this and thought that you might like reading about it, when I joined this club I knew it was a cool club, but if all it is a bunch of people who dump money in to there rigs and say fuck the little guy trying to bulid an mj that he can tuff truck and go digging with his friends and have some fun in, thats not cool, I look to this club to get advise and meet people to go wheeling with, sorry my bad for thinking that! And sorry if I do think that swaping and xj drive train into an mj is extream, but thats just the start of it! Who knows what is in store for the truck down the road! I might make it a big ass pulling truck that might not make it up the hill but will pull the hill. triple 4

triple 4 said:
hmmmmmmmmm sorry if I offened any of you with what I call extream MJ bulid up. I sorry that I dont have the money to order parts and and cut the back off and all that other shit! But for the first couple of bulid ups I think its pretty fucking extream. Sure the backs not cut off and I don't have a sky high lift and a 9" rear end and all that other shit on my mj yet, but I thought that it was pretty cool that I did this and thought that you might like reading about it, when I joined this club I knew it was a cool club, but if all it is a bunch of people who dump money in to there rigs and say fuck the little guy trying to bulid an mj that he can tuff truck and go digging with his friends and have some fun in, thats not cool, I look to this club to get advise and meet people to go wheeling with, sorry my bad for thinking that! And sorry if I do think that swaping and xj drive train into an mj is extream, but thats just the start of it! Who knows what is in store for the truck down the road! I might make it a big ass pulling truck that might not make it up the hill but will pull the hill. triple 4
Easy tiger, no reason to use the potty mouth in a public forum. I don't think anyone was putting down what you have done, just the fact that you call a drivetrain swap extreme. Unless you forgot to mention something, you did a bolt in swap. I'm in the middle of the same thing, though I've built my longarms and mounting system, regeared my axles myself, and welded the rear myself. I would not call this extreme in the offroad world we live in today.

triple 4 said:

it was meant somewhat as a joke...not to get your panties bunched up. We could all do without the potty mouth. Our sight for my MJ build up is crappy and you can tell we have no computer skills...but there are a few pics up, and no we don't know how to make the thumbnails full size pics...so you'll have to deal with it, whens its done(completely) I'll post better pics, but this is it for now. The 1/4 elip. mounts are not complete in theses pics.We boxed the frame rail past the cab with tubing to mount the springs, MAD MaXJ this is the best I have right now. the link is geocities.com/madmonk4x4/

Back