• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lockright, Hardened cross shaft?

Prepmech

NAXJA Member #981
Just got my Lockright in the mail today, but it says I need to make sure I have a hardened cross shaft. It is my daily driver, so I don't want it to be torn down while I am waiting on parts. What are the chances that mine is hardened? Should I just order the richmond shaft to be sure, or do I not need it?

Get the hardened cross shaft. I didn't and I broke the stock shaft on 33's, took out the carrier, and messed up the gears.

brokecarrier.jpg

carrieropen.jpg

pinion.jpg

xshaftbroke.jpg

Prepmech said:
Just got my Lockright in the mail today, but it says I need to make sure I have a hardened cross shaft. It is my daily driver, so I don't want it to be torn down while I am waiting on parts. What are the chances that mine is hardened? Should I just order the richmond shaft to be sure, or do I not need it?

What rear end is the Lockright going into? I have a Dana 35 that I plan on putting in a Lockright this summer. If it needs a hardened shaft I would appreciate the heads up so I can get all the parts now.

Wiley Coyote said:
What rear end is the Lockright going into? I have a Dana 35 that I plan on putting in a Lockright this summer. If it needs a hardened shaft I would appreciate the heads up so I can get all the parts now.

actually it was in the front, that is my D30 and it took a crap on me when i was pulling a hill, muddy/rocky + wheel spin = boom; I am locked front and rear, 4.56 gears, 33"x12.5" tires.

Yeah, get the hardened shaft. Can't you get one from Lockright along with the locker?

Back