• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ and TJ Track Width The Same?

The_Cherokee_Kid

NAXJA Forum User
I know this a dummy question but do TJ's and XJ's have the same track width? Because I saw a Superior Axle Super Dana 30 Axle Set with an ARB locker but it was for a TJ. The reason I ask is because I typed in "XJ Super 30 Axle Kit" at google.com and thats what came up, so I figured they must be the same. Forgive me if I seem a bit slow, I'm only 17 and my interests just faded from Chevy and deeply into Jeep and I don't know sh*t about them yet. Also, I looked on ebaymotors.com for cherokees and found a '98 sport for $4800 and was wondering if thats a good deal, because there was only 1 bid on it with 2 days left. Any help would be great, please email me back at [email protected]

TJ's and XJ's Dana 30s are the same width. TJs never came with disconnect axle though, while XJs came with both disco and non, that would be the only defference to pay attention to when buying replacement shafts

Prices for used XJs vary a lot depending on where you are. Try www.edmunds.com -- I think their used car pricing applet includes a factor for your zip code.

The_Cherokee_Kid said:
I know this a dummy question but do TJ's and XJ's have the same track width? Because I saw a Superior Axle Super Dana 30 Axle Set with an ARB locker but it was for a TJ. The reason I ask is because I typed in "XJ Super 30 Axle Kit" at google.com and thats what came up, so I figured they must be the same. Forgive me if I seem a bit slow, I'm only 17 and my interests just faded from Chevy and deeply into Jeep and I don't know sh*t about them yet. Also, I looked on ebaymotors.com for cherokees and found a '98 sport for $4800 and was wondering if thats a good deal, because there was only 1 bid on it with 2 days left. Any help would be great, please email me back at [email protected]

Axles and ARB locker will work with your XJ. Even if you have a disconect axle, you just need the proper seals.

Where are you in CA?

Back