• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does anyone have experience with Lex and Yacc?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I got some problems that I am encountering and it's causing premature loss of hair...... In any case, it's my first experience with those and I can't find the right samples on the web :( and I'd like to be able to ask some questions...

Thanks
Remi aka Kejtar

<grin> Are you really using lex & yacc, and not the freeware/GNU tools like flex & bison?

That's REALLY going into the wayback machine. 20 years ago for compiler design.

Ask away, I'll try, but won't guarantee anything except a dumb look.

ChiXJeff

lol....... well, my problem is that I am taking this accelarated language design and compiler design class.... We got no instructions how to use lex and yacc (all was self learned) and now I broke something that kind of worked! I was able to parse white spaces, new lines and I was ready to work on findng out why identifiers and strings don't work when it stopped parsing the first two! And I can't seem to be able to figure out why :(

Oh.. and I have to use lex and yacc as it's going to be tested on lex and yacc :(

I know it's something stupid that I did.... if you're willing to take a quick glance at it (I know I made a stupid error someplace) either pm me your email address or email me @ [email protected] ...

THanks
Kejtar

Back