• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Baby swampers

Natural Ice

NAXJA Forum User
I am thinking about running a set of 29x8.5 swamper tsl's on a stock 2000 sport. I would like to know how well they or any other sizes (28x10.5 tsl/sx)will fit and also how well they wear(its my DD). Other wise I'll probably end up going with a 235 off-brand mud tire(mastercraft courser M/T is cheap locally) . Any one who has run any of these please drop a line.
Thanks

If I were you I would not get the swampers. They will ride rough and wear fast. I would probally get the cheaper but still good Dunlop MT's in a 30x9.50

bf mud terrains

Abugarcia said:
I would probally get the cheaper but still good Dunlop MT's in a 30x9.50

Being it is a 97+ (2000) with no lift I am under the impression that a 30 inch mud tire is going to be slightly too big especially when I get onto uneven terrain, but correct me if I'm wrong!

I ran a set of the 29x8.5 Swampers. I even ran them on a daily driver. They held up pretty good. I wouldn't run them all the time, as they drive like a bias ply, very loose feeling, and pull hard because they are heavy. I ran them as "Winter" and trail tires, and loved them. I put over 10K on them, then sold them with over half tread. For the price, they are very good trail tires. I only paid $65 a piece for them, but that was several years ago.

fd9a0f2b.jpg

A good aggressive mud tire I just purchased are made by MFA, they are called Mudstars. They have 31x10.50's for $109.00, the ride has very little noise and so far I have been happy with them.

Picture_425.jpg

Mine are 32x11.50's on 15 inch rims w/3.75 inch backspacing, looks sweet. This is my daily driver/trail pounder so I am picky about noisy tires.

Last edited:
You might want to look at Goodyear MT/Rs. They're kinda' pricey, but I've liked them.

Robert

Check on Kuhmo Venture MT's i'm running 235/75's and love them!!! They are $80 for 30X9.5 on tirerack.com!! They make about as much noise on the road as my bald Wrangler AT's did, and they are great offroad!!! I've put alot of miles on them and they are holding up very well!!

Aaron

TB-XJ said:
A good aggressive mud tire I just purchased are made by MFA, they are called Mudstars. They have 31x10.50's for $109.00, the ride has very little noise and so far I have been happy with them.

Picture_425.jpg

Mine are 32x11.50's on 15 inch rims w/3.75 inch backspacing, looks sweet. This is my daily driver/trail pounder so I am picky about noisy tires.

Where did you get those?

vote #2 for kumho but I run SS TSL bias and SSR's.
DIG IT

swampers are loud and not great for the only tire you have on a DD.
I have some AT's I swap out for every day driving.
but now that I have 2 Jeeps I didn't really need to by the second set of tires... Oh well.

Back