• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Up-country query...

Hey all, have a question regarding how the rear leaf pack(s) are "boosted" to obtain the extra lift for the up country suspension. While shopping for a BB lift, I wanted to go for an extended rear shackle type vs. a lift block or AAL.
Now, I was told by one of the techs at Tomken that DMC used a longer rear shackle to obtain the "up-country lift" on the rear springs. But yet a tech at Skyjacker said they used a different spring pack to get the added lift and that the shackle wasn't any different than that of the regular suspension.
I personally would perfer the extended shackle BB lift type for the rear (to avoid springwrap/wheelhop with the block and stiff ride with the AAL)
Now between the two reputable suspension companies who's telling the truth? Or are they both right? Or both wrong?

Info greatly appreciated! :paperwork

AFAIK they use springs, some who do a lift on an UC usually sell them here after putting on a bigger one.

They used different springs for the Up Country.

I'm not sure but I think you would notice a longer shackle on the rear of the Up-Country for the extra 1" of lift and I don't recall seeing the shackles exsposed on any XJ's without extended aftermarket shackles. I'd say springpack.

Back