• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Milemarker Hydraulic & ARB Bull Bar on XJ

Irish

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone out there ever installed a Milemarker 9000lb hydraulic winch on to an ARB Bull Bar to hang on a XJ? Any tips?

Tip: Dont waste you time with a Milemarker Hydrualic for offroad use. Get yourself a good electric winch instead and save yourself alot of headaches.

xtremewlr said:
Tip: Dont waste you time with a Milemarker Hydrualic for offroad use. Get yourself a good electric winch instead and save yourself alot of headaches.

You may want to qualify that remark. The electric / hydro argument has been fought many times in this forum and this user was simply asking a question about mounting, there really is no need to start it up again. BOTH types of winches have thier pluses and minuses, it depends on what you expect it to do, and what situation is it most likly gonna get used in. Not all of us are rock crawlers and need to winch and turn at the same.

Rev

Rev Den said:
You may want to qualify that remark. The electric / hydro argument has been fought many times in this forum and this user was simply asking a question about mounting, there really is no need to start it up again. BOTH types of winches have thier pluses and minuses, it depends on what you expect it to do, and what situation is it most likly gonna get used in. Not all of us are rock crawlers and need to winch and turn at the same.

Rev

Sorry, my experiences with the milemarker are with rockcrawling. I found it to not work very well at all, especially on steep inclines. This was on my buddys CJ5 and we ended up taking it off in favor of a Warn XD9000. The milemarker went to tow rig duty as it actually works great in situtaions where it is a level pull and no steering input is required.

Thanks for your comments. The install is complete and besides having to open the access hole to get my hand in for changing function, it was a breeze.

Regards,

Irish

Back