• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

nasty vibration

Brian Felts

NAXJA Forum User
I have lifted my 2000 xj 2 inches with steel lift blocks and revolvers in rear spacers in the front.now i have a nastyvibration on take off and going down the rord when i let offf the gas i hear a sound that sounds like crushing gravel coming fom underneath middle to back any ideas? :bs:

Brian Felts said:
I have lifted my 2000 xj 2 inches with steel lift blocks and revolvers in rear spacers in the front.now i have a nastyvibration on take off and going down the rord when i let offf the gas i hear a sound that sounds like crushing gravel coming fom underneath middle to back any ideas? :bs:
Could be many things. Try the search function first. Then come back and YOU tell US what the problem is.

The driveshaft is probably bound up - check the joints for signs of rubbing.

Possibly need to put on an Xfer case drop.

Check your rear pinion angle. It should be within two degrees of the driveshaft.

logdog said:
Check your rear pinion angle. It should be within two degrees of the driveshaft.
Thats incorrect for a non-cv shaft.The pinion angle should be the same as the transfer case output shaft.Try the drop kit and start saving for a SYE kit!

Back