• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hub covers/caps?help me find the right size

xjhm

NAXJA Forum User
on my '99 xj i have removed the center caps from my wheels
the problem i have is finding a cover for the hub i checked around but no one seems to have a dust cap in 2 1/4" which is what i measured it to be.. i found 2.133 and 2" also a 2 1/2 but no 2 1/4 help
what do you guys without locking hubs use to cover the hubs when you lose the center caps from the wheels?

xjhm said:
on my '99 xj i have removed the center caps from my wheels
the problem i have is finding a cover for the hub i checked around but no one seems to have a dust cap in 2 1/4" which is what i measured it to be.. i found 2.133 and 2" also a 2 1/2 but no 2 1/4 help
what do you guys without locking hubs use to cover the hubs when you lose the center caps from the wheels?

Nothing

ok, i trust you guys but won't mud/water get back into the bearings... or are they protected by a seal or are they "way in the back"
i haven't had the rotor/hub assy. apart on one of these, and i am used to a manual hub so if these questions sound lame please forgive me and thanks

Back