• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transmission is stuck

gopher

NAXJA Forum User
im trying to pull the puegot 5 speed out of my truck and it seems to be stuck or something, all bolts are out of the clutch housing and i can even rotate the assembly around nearly upside down, but it wont slide backwards, of the engine, what could be the problem? thanx for any help

The input shaft engages the pilot pretty heavily on that thing -- could it be that you're not quite pulling it straight back ?

Same thought is that if the bushing wears the shaft (not common) the shaft may end-up with a barb/burr that y-gotta pull through the pilot -- give it the finger (through the shifter hole, I like 5th!) till it's in gear and rotate the output shaft (to rotate the input shaft) as you withdraw the tranny in a straight line from the back of the engine - doing that will help to guide you on what's binding when (stuff'll stop turning freely...) to help you correct you angles or slowly turn the odd-shapes out from each other...

thanx, that worked and i got it out and done... everything worked out ok, i think it did have a little bur on that shaft, ohwell. thanx for the help. i like this forum

Back