• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

colorado xj owner looking for his own kind

Ira Davis

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everybody! My name is Ira Davis and I live in Lakewood, Colorado.
I just signed up for the forum and came across the new Colorado chapter and as you can imagine was thrilled!
I already belong to a four wheel club (Colorado Springs Christian 4 Wheelers) but would be interested in joining the NAXJA Colorado Chapter! However either I am really tired (it's now 10:30pm) and missed it, but I was unable to see a page that mentioned what the dues were. I am sure that it's not much but right now I am depleting my daughters college fund rebuilding my XJ for the second time and money is an issue.
Anyhow I am interested and if someone could tell me what I need to know about the chapter (such as price, meeting place, frequency, trips etc. etc.,) that would be great!
Thanks!

-Ira

Membership apps are at https://secure.naxja.org/html/naxjamemberapp.htm - NAXJA Membership includes Colorado, and gives you access to Members-Only tech archives and discussions. There's an FAQ on the main page describing other benefits and costs.

Colorado meetings will be announced here; we are working on pinning down locations and times but it sounds like they will be rotated through at least the Front Range area in order to be more accessible to many of our members.

Welcome, glad to see you found us. This is a great group of wheelers and we all seem to have the same things in common, the love of wheeling, the love of modifying our vehicles, and a lack of $$$$ :wave1: By the way I have three daughters in college so I know how you feel.

We work together to have as much fun at the least expense possible. If you haven't figured it out yet, Jeeps are a costly obsession. Feel free to browse the forums and chime in. We will be posting meeting and trail updates on this forum.

One point of clarification, and not to be an ogre, but in order to participate on a trail run you must be either a member of NAXJA and meet certain safety requirements or be be an invited guest of a member and meet the safety requriements. I'm sure we could arrange someone to sponsor you on a run so you could meet and greet everyone and see what we love so much.

Thanks for your input guys! I just joined so I am eagerly looking forward to hooking up with some of you!
Most of the wheeling that I do is around Idaho Springs (Spring Creek, Cumberland Gulch, James Peak etc.).
Unfortunately my truck is down at the moment due to a cracked block, so my guess is that I will have it up and running again around the last week in April.
I'll keep posted as to what's going on throughout the next few weeks.
Once again hope to see you guys soon!

-Ira

Back