• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Caliper change?

OILBURNER

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, couldn't find a direct answer w/ the search - didn't Jeep change the front calipers somewhere in the '90's? I have a 1990 model, looking to put a newer front end under it and need to know if I can use my old ones or will I have to get the ones to match the newer axle.
Are the newer ones better or did they change them just to create a new part number? :twak:

Thanks,

You seem to be in luck.IIRC the change was made in 90 and anything to 99 will fit.
HTH
Wayne

Wayne Sihler said:
You seem to be in luck.IIRC the change was made in 90 and anything to 99 will fit.
HTH
Wayne

There was a change, and I think 1990 is right (my 91 and 99's are identical). However, with some ingenuity, you can mix and match alot of the older and newer brake stuff. I currently have a 86 D30 axle with 99 297 shafts, 91 hubs, 99 rotors and 91 calipers... long story, but it really was a case of what worked best and what was easiest to swap... :looney:

Back