• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need a softer 8" lift spring other than skyjacker

CrazyJeepMan

NAXJA Forum User
I got the skyjacker 8" lift coils in the front of my XJ but there too stiff and my suspension is unbalanced(softer and with more flex in rear). What brand of coils are out there that will give me the same amount of lift maybe a little less but have a softer spring rate to them? i'm thinking of maybe putting a set of the 6" lift coils back in.

Chris

RE has 7.5" coils out, but it will give you a solid 8".

RE1358 is the #.

Hmm
I had 8" sky Jackers on mine, and they were very twisty, Mine have been worked in, how many miles are on yours?

I heard Rust'ys are pretty soft...... Try Alcan ??????

I just installed Alcan, and there very stiff, hope they break in, only 100 miles so far

MC-92 said:
I heard Rust'ys are pretty soft...... Try Alcan ??????
My brother has rusty's and there very nice on the road and super twisty off. If a buddy didn't make me a killer deal on these, I would have gone Rusty's

Gotta ask - You have swaybar disconnects right?

No Sway Bars at all, in the process of building a custom one for the front Dana 44
Nothing in the rear
John

basalt51 said:
Gotta ask - You have swaybar disconnects right?

go with the re's, there softer than the skyjackers. its been a while, but the re's are around 225 skyjacker 250. i switched to the skyjacker because of a more firmer ride. huge difference.

you'll need to go to a stiffer spring in the rear. I have the same type of set up and had the same problem. I was running stock front springs in the rear, good ride hight but too soft, I swiched the rear to a stiff 4 inch with 1.5 coils cut out of it and this helped alot.
Led
CrazyJeepMan said:
I just put the skyjackers in. i have the skyjacker 6" lift coils in the rear. i get more flex from the rear beacause the springs are softer. i think i'll try a set of the RE 7.5's Does anyone know what the 6" skyjacker spring rate is?

here are some pics of my set up

http://ca.msnusers.com/TheCherokeePage/newlongarmliftandrearcoils.msnw?albumlist=2

outboard your rear springs more or setup something like a currie antirock in the rear.

that thing is gonna be hellishly unstable...

I do like the cutline drawn on the outside rear 1/4 panel...

tub01.jpg

second best mod I've done so far!

(little suggestion for that, make your actual cut about 2" in from where you want your cutline to be, then use the leftover metal to make tabs for welding to. my wells ended up a little bigger than I wanted them to be, but it's alright, just means I can fit even bigger meats)

CheapXJ said:
that thing is gonna be hellishly unstable...

Actually it rides really good. there is a noticable amount of body roll but nothing to serious. that cut line on the fenders isn't going to be cut, the tires stuff very nicely into the wheel wells just the way they are.

Chris

Back