• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what to do from 4.5 to 5 inch lift

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
im compiling the part to go from 3 inches of lift to 4.5. I am extending brake lines, a t case drop, new shocks, shackles and spacers. TO go another half of a inch will anything else needed to be one. Keep in mind these arent things i should do. just things i have to do. I am tight on money so i cant buy it all. I have different lower control arms already i got with my rancho 3 inch lift kit. THey arent adjustable tho. thanks

First, relocate your front brake lines by straightening them out and redrillng the bolt hole, second, go to a junkyard and pull off some yj front brake lines if your on a budget. With 4.5-5" that will be plenty of brake line. Your going to be cutting it close with the transfer case drop at 5", but it can be done if set up properly. if your looking at doing this on a budget, then custom make a 1.25-1.5" drop. My buddy has a 2" drop on his and he has 6" with stock driveshaft...so it can be done. Your going to need to angle your pinion up with some shims (although shackles may take care of some of that). New shocks...yup....Go with true 2" spacers or 1.75" spacers with a second rubber isolater stacked on top. On the rear, look at getting chevy 2" drop shackles, I just bought a greasable set with 2 bolt holes for either 1.75" or 2.5" of lift for $40 including shipping off ebay. With the control arms, you should get new ones, but on a budget I can understand that. Look at getting the RUBI Express Drop brackets for like 250.00 in the long run (provide a lot of flex, i love em), otherwise I would shave some of the metal off on the axle above the control arm bracket, otherwise your control arms will contact it on full flex. What about a trackbar, are you running stock w/ redrilled hole or what. If so i would strongly suggest getting a new trackbar. Or, you could get a trackbar relocation bracket for like $27 off ebay, but I wouldnt recomend it, they are weak. You should be fine running the stock pitman arm at 4.5-5" of lift, although it is a pretty steep angle. Hope that helped you out some...

Back