• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front axle strength

jeepme

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I have a hp d30 non disc. with warn axles and hub kit running 35" MTR's. I want to lock it up and figured an ARB to match the rear would be great ( only use it when I need it), but the price of ARB's is out of control. Would my set up survive with a lockright or similar locker? I am not a gas pedal hound but I do like to run the rubicon and similar trails. Anybody running this set up with success?

thanks

would the hub conversion not fix the steering drag issue cause by an autolocker?

My D30 is stock and I plan on keeping it that way, but switching to maybe 4.88's and 35's this summer. I most likely will not lock it up either. Should I look into aftermarket shafts? Sorry for thread hijacking, but it's almost the same.

Edit how do i know if its a non disco?? It's a 95

but the price of ARB's is out of control

They are about the same price they've always been.....how do you mean the price is out of control?

CRASH

CRASH said:
They are about the same price they've always been.....how do you mean the price is out of control?

CRASH

I paid $600.00 for the rear a year ago and now they are over $700.00 for the d30. Unless of course you know someone with a good deal :star:

jeepme said:
I paid $600.00 for the rear a year ago and now they are over $700.00 for the d30. Unless of course you know someone with a good deal :star:

As a matter of fact I do. Try Performance Offroad Center or Shaffer's Offroad.

You shouldn't pay more than $625 or so.

CRASH

woody431 said:
My D30 is stock and I plan on keeping it that way, but switching to maybe 4.88's and 35's this summer. I most likely will not lock it up either. Should I look into aftermarket shafts? Sorry for thread hijacking, but it's almost the same.

Edit how do i know if its a non disco?? It's a 95

91 and earlier were the only ones with a Disco D30, unless they were equipped with a 242 t-case.

jeepme said:
I have a hp d30 non disc. with warn axles and hub kit running 35" MTR's. I want to lock it up and figured an ARB to match the rear would be great ( only use it when I need it), but the price of ARB's is out of control. Would my set up survive with a lockright or similar locker? I am not a gas pedal hound but I do like to run the rubicon and similar trails. Anybody running this set up with success?

thanks

I have a hp d30 non disc. with stock axles. I am only running 32's right now
but I wheel the hell out of it. I have a loc-rite and am easy on the go pedal
but I definently use it. The steering only sucks on very tight turns, but I would not let that be the deciding(spl?) factor. I run the tough AZ trails with no problem. Have'nt broke a axle yet! ;)

CRASH said:
As a matter of fact I do. Try Performance Offroad Center or Shaffer's Offroad.

You shouldn't pay more than $625 or so.

CRASH

hey thanks for the info CRASH I will check it out.

Back