• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Lift Kit

2001cherry

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering which lift kit I should get for my 2001 DD.
I don't go offroad very much, but when I do, I would like to keep up!
I started out looking at the RE6030 kit, but do I really need it vs. RE6020 (with leaf packs)?
I also know I probably need trackbar, sye and cv shaft, but I don't think I really need disconnects, or do I?
Any suggsetions would be good (lifts, sye's, etc..)

Thanks

2001cherry said:
I was wondering which lift kit I should get for my 2001 DD.
I don't go offroad very much, but when I do, I would like to keep up!
I started out looking at the RE6030 kit, but do I really need it vs. RE6020 (with leaf packs)?
I also know I probably need trackbar, sye and cv shaft, but I don't think I really need disconnects, or do I?
Any suggsetions would be good (lifts, sye's, etc..)

Thanks
Gonna have to give us an idea on what kind of off roading you are interested in..as in, moderate trails, more..less? It's your DD, so, kinda figure you're not gonna be doing major stuff. Main thing is, what are you comfortable with? Are you planning, in the future in making this more of a trail rig? You can do a lot in a stock jeep..costs are also a factor. Seen a few who thought they'd be happy with a 2 or 3 inch lift, then 18 months later, go with 4.5...its all up to you.

Most of the trails I go on, I can usually do with stock, but occassionally grab my diff. I don't plan on the this turning into a trail rig (at least for the next 5+ years). I would like to fit 31's with no problems. I started with RE because I've heard they give a little more lift then advertised (3.5" usually around 4", don't quote me though). As far as cost goes, I want to do it right the first time, a little extra $ now beats a lot of extra $ later!

Back