• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bling bling overhead consol

deke

NAXJA Forum User
P1200002.sized.jpg

P1200005.sized.jpg

P1200008.sized.jpg

ya i know, the picture sucks, but here it is at night.
P1200011.sized.jpg

to everyone who emailed me about the switch panel, email me again. lost all my emails. [email protected]

switches were like 35 bucks.
diamond plate was 15 from the scrap yard.
not to much invested into it.

Hey is that the picture of an airplane cockpit? Enough switches? Just a little humor. Looks great! I have a secret love for Diamond plate. Looks burly. Good job!

Deke-

overhead console looks great

only thing is you did ALL that wiring/work up there and you STILL have a wire hanging down in front of the rear view mirror from your radar detector!

why not hard wire the radar detector power up above into your overhead console somewhere? (dont forget a fuse)

also--BTW--just curious--where did u decide to mount all of your different fuses/relays for your switched electronics?
(or do most of them have built in ones for your Fire Dept lights?)

looks good!

CaptTrev

PS- i got sick of having a wire from my radar detector hangin down the windshield, so i hard-wired it into my overhead console--makes for a much cleaner installation IMO

hey capt -
ya the radar dector was a last minute thing. just a, hey i think it will fit here.
i did a relay pack like this - the main wire coming into the distro pack has a 40am fuse one it. then before there theres a 2 guage main line running from the batter to a distro block for the amp then the relay pack -
P1010037.sized.jpg

Good job on the relay pack. The only improvement that I would do is to insulate the slide terminals that go to the relays. Being that the relays are mounted to aluminum (an excellent electric conductor) and the bouncing around on trails I would think occasionaly one of the terminals may slip. Just a thought.

Joe

good thinking - one step ahead. they are tack soddered onto the termals. itd take a goodpounding to get one to slide off. if i did, i'd be more worried about my poor xj

Back