• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drag link

TealV6

NAXJA Forum User
Bent mine at the Badlands this weekend. Anyone have one cheap, shipped to Detroit 'burbs? PM me.

Thanks!
Steve

My local junkyard has about 7 of em for ten bucks each? I should have picked up a drag link when I got my tie rod. Nothing like that close to you? Pulling it out is a cake walk just some cotter pins, 3/4" crown nuts to remove you will also need a small sledge to vibrate the joint out. I wouldnt hit the threaded part with the sledge as it ruins the threads(I know this because I did it!). Easy as pie. Half of the cherokees at the yard had the drag links just hanging out because people took the axles so half the work is already done. Couldnt find any Dana 44 rear axles though.

Alan

staticrevolution said:
My local junkyard has about 7 of em for ten bucks each? I should have picked up a drag link when I got my tie rod. Nothing like that close to you? Pulling it out is a cake walk just some cotter pins, 3/4" crown nuts to remove you will also need a small sledge to vibrate the joint out. I wouldnt hit the threaded part with the sledge as it ruins the threads(I know this because I did it!). Easy as pie. Half of the cherokees at the yard had the drag links just hanging out because people took the axles so half the work is already done. Couldnt find any Dana 44 rear axles though.

Alan

Yeah... I have a buddy that works in a salvage yard and can ship to me. Just figured I'd ask fellow XJ'ers looking to clean out the garage :cool:

Back