• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heating problems solved i hope (story involves a mouse)

wek91xj

NAXJA Forum User
ok, my belt broke this past week and nocked off the coolant hose, so i lost all my antifreeze right.... well after gettin the new belt on today i went to put in more antifreeze and do that stuff, see somthin big floatin in the tank, i was jokin around with my buddys and said that it was a mouse, well sure enough when we emptied the tank there was a damnm mouse in there not to mention mud and what not.... no telling whats in my lines and radiator hoses... so now its time to flush out the system tomorrow.... hopefully thats why i was runnin sdo hot recently... its like a chain of events, every time somthin breaks, tyou find somthin wrong right after you fix the first probl;e.... but i guess thats the fun in keepinup the heap...burning a whole in my pocket though... :gee:

wek91xj said:
ok, my belt broke this past week and nocked off the coolant hose, so i lost all my antifreeze right.... well after gettin the new belt on today i went to put in more antifreeze and do that stuff, see somthin big floatin in the tank, i was jokin around with my buddys and said that it was a mouse, well sure enough when we emptied the tank there was a damnm mouse in there not to mention mud and what not.... no telling whats in my lines and radiator hoses... so now its time to flush out the system tomorrow.... hopefully thats why i was runnin sdo hot recently... its like a chain of events, every time somthin breaks, tyou find somthin wrong right after you fix the first probl;e.... but i guess thats the fun in keepinup the heap...burning a whole in my pocket though... :gee:

how the heck a mouse got into the system? :huh: :viking:

So THAT'S what turns the water pump...mabye I need to upgrade my mouse.

It looks like you auxiliary power unit broke...

SuperEngine004.jpg

Mikel said:
It looks like you auxiliary power unit broke...
So THAT's what those Chebby guys mean when they talk about 'mouse motors' (small-block V8) and 'rat motors' (big-blocks)... :wierd:

Believe it or not, you're not the first person I've heard of with rodents in the cooling bottle. Bizarre stuff

I had mice in my engine also, they kept building nests near the carb using the under hood blanket, a new cat took care of the problem, the old cat was bad. Picked up the new cat and put it on the ground, fired up the enigne after sitting overnite and the new cat pounced on em when they came scrambling out. From then on the cat would sit about 20 ft away every morning waiting for new toys to run out of the truck... The old cat did not like going outside on cold mornings...

Back