• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carrier changes..

pfogle

NAXJA Forum User
Have an opportunity to buy a ARB for a good price, only problem is, it's for gears 3.55 and higher. If I were to regear to 4.10's, is there a way to keep this carrier? Spacer?

So it's for 3.55 and numerically LOWER gears correct. What you can do, is get a ring gear spacer (as you said). It's a machined flat ring that goes inbetween the carrier (your case, arb) and the ring gear to make the gear and pinion mesh correctly. If you get a high quality spacer, I don't think you will have a problem with the set-up. Call around, I'm pretty sure any drivetrain store has them.

The carrier break, AFAIK, is between 3,55:1 and 3,07:1, i.e. if you have an ARB for 3,55 it'll work with 4,11.

gearwhine said:
depends what axle he has...which isn't stated.

dana 30 3.73 and up

dana 44 3.92 and up

dana 35 3.55 and up

8.25...no break

It's for a D30... so, think it'll work with a spacer? Can buy it for only 250 shipped.. sounds like a great deal if I can get it to work.

pfogle said:
It's for a D30... so, think it'll work with a spacer? Can buy it for only 250 shipped.. sounds like a great deal if I can get it to work.

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Call around, randy's ring and pinion, drivetrain direct, etc. I'm sure they can tell you for sure if it's a good idea.

Back