• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SeanP

Maximus

NAXJA Forum User
I looked all over for your e-mail couldnt find it. Are you still seling those springs and shackels? I want them so dont forget me.I want to buy all my stuff in the next two weeks if possible.

Rob
(209) 495-7451

Hi Rob:

Yep, you are tops on my list for the springs. I will probably keep the shackles just to adjust the new 6" springs from Big off road. I am thinking with the shackles and their springs, I will sit at about 7-7'5" which is where I want to be.

I do however have a major issue with my engine right now. Basically, I am going to swap in a new engine. I really don't want to looks so white trash with my rear axle laying there and an engine pulled at the same time. I will know today or tomorrow when I will have my engine. My intention is to have everything done by Swamp Lake 7/19. I am sure that you are shooting for the same date.

SeanP

PS-Can I, too, borrow your cherry picker when Keven is done with it.

SeanP....you don't...want to look too...white trash? :roll: Too late, dude. Might as well move up here with us RN's in tha Forest. Just a question....have you been incapacitated since the AZ trip, for reals?

Lupine

That is fine, I need to finish the long arm set-up anyways. I just want to have dibbs. I am not planning on doing an engine swap for a longggg time so you can use it whenever. What is the problem with the engine though?

Rob

Lup: By incapacitated do you mean inebriated? If so, then yes it is summer after all. If you mean has my XJ been out of commission since best of the west, then almost. I made the rubicon run two weekends ago. I just went in to Ellis Creek and hung a left onto Wentworth with my buds from Far-n-gone. That's when I discovered the head gasket going.

My engine is fawked. It has been having problems for a long long time. Overheats, and the last time on sledgehammer something internal to the engine was making a nasty metal on metal scraping noise. Ever since we had the heep at 13K miles it has been doinog this, so finally I am just going to pull the engine (at a whopping 53K miles, mind you) and drop in one from a 98XJ that I am getting on Thursday. Plan is to have it all done by Swamp.

I am cursed!

SeanP

Oh NO!

Bad news, man. Sorry to hear it. Sounds like the Hammers did a nasty sneak attack on everyone-I'm sure you've heard about the issues Crash has had with the 8.8. Go figure, the issue didn't rear its ugly head until just after Walker on the Con. However, as soon as Jes let us know that the rear diff was leaking like a sieve, and Crash jumped out of the vehicle to check it out-I've never seen him so POed-not even when he hosed the driveshaft last summer. I'm trying to convince the man to break down and get another axle, but he contends that with his welds the axle is stronger than it was before. :? Whaddaya tink?

GAH! :oops:

Sorry, the above was posted by LUPINE.

That's IT. We need another computer.

Shoot, Lup, with this new format I cannot even figure out how to post as my old self and not "guest." It used to just log me in automatically. I guess I need to re-register.

I think Andy will be fine with the recent fix. I am a little worried about my 9" (mind out of gutter please, children) having the same issues since the diff isn't cast but just steel sheet.

We WILL be ready to go by swamp.

SeanP

Sean, I guess you'll be needing a traction bar soon? I've seen a 9 inch done before, they are easier to work with than my 8.8. The sheet metal acts much better than cast iron.

Do you have all the tube adaptors and heims you need?

CRASH

I can get the tube adaptors and heims from Tony at rockequipment on a one day notice. I have many more PRESSIING things to deal with. Did you have a plan on how to attach these to my 9" and crossmember?

SeanP

Back