• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trying this

jeepguy97

NAXJA Forum User
I bolted my tow hooks through the bumper directly into the bumper mounts, which are bolted directly to the unibody "frame" rails. Do you think this will work?

jeepguy97 said:
I bolted my tow hooks through the bumper directly into the bumper mounts, which are bolted directly to the unibody "frame" rails. Do you think this will work?

NO!

Not enough attachment to the frame. Any tow hooks should have a bracket which goes back to the large 3/4" dia hole about 12" back from the bumper mounts. This hole is there for a tie-in for any winch or tow hooks.

mark

You can probably tow it somewhere with a chain using that, but if you get stuck and somebody gives a really good tug on them, it's not going to be enough.

Havent seen the Tomkens but,C4x4 and Rusty's have additional mounting points.They are also thicker(5/16-3/8").Even the Factory kit adds reinforcing brackets and bolts!

My .02- Don't do it.
I have rusty's brackets bolts through frame.
We had to pull at a bad angle one time and bent the bracket. I don't mind replacing it.
I feel if I had them mounted to just the bumper mounts I'd have a large piece of my "frame" missing.
Barger
NAXJA

Back