• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airtube/K&N installed...vacuum line?

Airtube and K&N on 190k non-HO 4.0

• Worth every penny

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Won't make a difference

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Best with a header/hi-flow cat/perf. exhaust

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Best with #3 plus bored throttlebody & spacer

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
This is on an 89 Renix 4.0, AW4

The install went easily enough, but where should I run this vacuum line to? (the one that goes from the lower left port -as viewed from the LS of the engine bay over the fender- to the airbox lid...) It's drawing pretty hard, and when plugged it cuts the idle speed w-a-y down and wants to stall the engine.

It can't be any good to leave it drawing raw air into the manifold..the (Rusty's) airtube only has the two 1/2" approx bungs for the CCV?

TIA

Are you talking about the vacuum line that controls the warm air mixture?

Later,
Lincoln

I'll look at my '89 tonight and figure out what I do with that line when I've got my tube on (recently did a smog check, so I have the stock box on at the moment).

I went out and looked at mine. You have to be talking about the heat exchange valve. There is a thermostat switch on the back of the air box to tell it when to open and close.

I capped that line at the manifold. Didn't change the way it ran at all. When I swapped in the H.O. a few years ago I got rid of that funky hunk of plastic also.

You know the one, it is a pass through for the vac. lines and valve cover vent. :lecture:

I can't vote on the above. I'm claiming stupidity. I can't remember stock.

Later,
Lincoln

Can you use the small inline K&N crankcase filters. I've ised these previously on a 95 XJ that I had with an oval filter strapped directly to the TB

lockd.gif
Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back