• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question about a nut???

xjhm

NAXJA Forum User
i just installed an adjustable trackbar and mount on my `99 xj........the rear bolt going through the bottom of the frame and the new mount had a nut that was round(no 6 or 12 point but round as round can be) on the top of it.......as soon as i hit it with the impact the thing started spinning so i had to cut it off ........the bolt right in front of it had a nut welded to the frame.......does anyone know whats up with this?

The infamous weld nuts.....

The rear one broke loose on mine, and made a pretty audible "tick" when cycling the steering. Tackwelded it back to the unibody last summer, it's been holding nicely.

I'd suggest the you get that bolt back up there, you need the additional strength to keep the frame mount in place. If you've still got the original weldnut, spin it on by hand and tack weld in place, otherwise just replace it with a standard nut and tack that down.

oh yeah... i replaced it with a nut and lockwasher.........i was just curious on this one because the other nut thats welded on right in front of it, is a normal "hex" nut , and this one was round and seemed to be very rust free and actually a little shiny.......

Back